If You Live in Macon, Tell City Council “No”


I really need your help. I need you to call your City Councilman at (478) 751-7260 and tell him/her to oppose the Council Pension Plan legislation.

Macon’s City Council on Tuesday night will consider whether or not Members of Council should have a pension.

Friends, it is a dangerous thing to give part time city councilmen a pension. Pensions should be for full time employees. More importantly, pensions should be for employees, not for small time legislators.

The irony is that the Council has decided not to give a cost of living adjustment to policemen or other city employees, but seems intent on giving City Councilmen a pension.

This is wrong.

Call your City Councilman at (478) 751-7260 and make sure he/she knows you expect the Council Pension Plan legislation to be voted down.

About the author

Erick Erickson
By Erick Erickson

Erick Erickson

Get in touch

You can check me out across the series of tubes known as the internet.