Houston, TX voters will today go to the polls to decide a simple question: should men be able to use the women’s bathroom?
The BLT&G community would have you believe the issue is more complicated than that, but that is it in a nutshell. Proposition 1 is being pushed by an aggressive lobby that is perfectly happy for deviants, criminals, liars, the mentally ill, and the confused to use a bathroom of the opposite sex if they can say, with a straight face, that they are the opposite sex.
This issue stems from an aggressive push by Houston’s gay activist mayor who went so far as to threaten pastors with litigation if they dared mention the issue in the pulpit.
The Texas Values Coalition notes five things you need to know about Proposition 1:
- The ordinance will allow men access to women’s bathrooms, shower rooms, and locker rooms (any “place of public accommodation”).
- The ordinance would force employers and private business owners to violate their religious and moral convictions.
- The ordinance promotes government-backed discrimination by seeking to criminalize opposition to homosexual and transgender behavior.
- The ordinance equates race with sexual conduct.
- The ordinance increases government interference in the private sector by mandating employment of homosexual and transgendered persons.
Proposition 1 is, essentially, legalized persecution of people of faith and their businesses. It will also legitimately threaten your children.
You need to vote no.